Users' questions

How do I get temporary proof of permanent residence?

How do I get temporary proof of permanent residence?

In order to obtain the I-551 Temporary Evidence Stamp, you will need to call USCIS at 1-800-375-5283 to schedule an InfoPass appointment with your local USCIS field office.

What is the form I-551?

The U.S. Green Card, officially referred to as the “I-551 Permanent Resident Card” is an official document issued by the US government serving as evidence of your legal permanent residency in the U.S. It is called a “Green Card” because the original document issued was green.

How do I get my passport I-551 stamp?

To obtain an I-551 stamp, permanent residents can visit their local USCIS office. To do so, they should schedule an InfoPass appointment with USCIS, which can be done on the USCIS website.

What’s the new form 554 for the IRS?

554, such as legislation enacted after it was published, go to What’s New Form 1040-SR. Form 1040-SR, U.S. Tax Return for Se- niors, has been introduced for use for the 2019 year. You can use this form if you are age 65 or older at the end of 2019. The form generally mirrors Form 1040.

What do I need to get an i551 stamp?

To apply for an I551 stamp, the following documentation are applicable: Valid passport; Appointment notice (if available) Form I-90 receipt notice; Proof of residence within the jurisdiction of the USCIS office; Copy of expired/lost green card (if available);

When was the Permanent Resident Card Form I-551 created?

This version of the Permanent Resident Card, Form I-551, introduced in 2004, is valid for ten years from the date of issuance. It is also the first version of Form I-551 branded with the Department of Homeland Security as the issuing

Is the I-551 stamp valid for one year?

This stamp is also referred as Form I-551 or 511 Stamp. This period is from the date of admission to the country. The endorsement of the stamp is valid as long as the resident can display a passport with a non-expired I-551 stamp. An I-551 stamp is meant to be served as a temporary proof of legal residence.