Can we sponsor brother to Canada?

Can we sponsor brother to Canada?

From Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada You can only sponsor relatives like a brother, sister, aunt or uncle in very specific situations. If your family member doesn’t meet the criteria below, you can use our Come to Canada tool to find out which programs they may be eligible to apply for.

How can I invite my brother to Canada?

If your friend or family member wants to visit Canada, they must apply to the Canadian visa office responsible for his or her country or region. A visa officer will review the application and decide whether to issue a visa. You can help your friend or family member by writing a letter of invitation.

How much money do you need to sponsor someone in Canada?

Table 1 – Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)

Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (the sponsor) $26,426
2 persons $32,898
3 persons $40,444
4 persons $49,106

Can You sponsor your brother or sister to Canada?

No, unfortunately, you cannot sponsor your brother or sister (siblings) over 18 years of age to Canada. However, depending on the type of family relationship qualification requirements may vary.

Who are the people you can sponsor in Canada?

a close living relative she could sponsor instead (such as a spouse, partner, child, orphaned sibling, parent or grandparent) and any other relative such as an aunt who is a citizen, permanent resident or registered Indian of Canada.

How can I get my brother to come to Canada?

However, your adult brother can apply on his own, and he would list you as family, and you could provide a letter of support to show he will have a place to stay, and have help in adjusting to Canada. They will consider it a positive for him to have family connection in Canada.

How to sponsor an Indian relative in Canada?

1. About the process 2. Who can sponsor 3. Who you can sponsor 4. How to apply 5. After you apply 6. Prepare for arrival You can sponsor certain relatives if you’re 18 years of age or older and a: person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or You must live in Canada to sponsor eligible relatives unless you: