How do I update my SSL?
How do I update my SSL?
Follow the below steps to renew SSL Certificate:
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR)
- Select your SSL certificate.
- Select the validity (1-year or 2-year)
- Fill up all necessary details.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Review your SSL order.
- Make the payment.
- Deploy your SSL certificate on the server.
How do I use SSL in cPanel?
Activating the SSL certificate on your website
- Click on SSL/TLS under Security in cPanel.
- Under Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS), click on Manage SSL sites.
- Under Install an SSL Website, click on Browse Certificates.
- Select the SSL certificate to activate.
What is SSL in cPanel?
SSL/TLS (Secure Sockets Layer/Transport Layer Security) encrypts information between a visitor’s browser and a server. cPanel & WHM supports Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.2 and Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol version 1.3: cPanel & WHM only supports TLSv1. 2 or newer.
How do I download SSL certificate from cPanel?
To export the SSL certificate from cPanel, follow these instructions:
- Go to: cPanel management panel > Security > SSL/TLS.
- Select Install and Manage SSL for your site (HTTPS)
- Choose your domain under Domain section.
- Select Autofill by domain.
- Copy the certificate text and paste it in a text editor such as vim or Notepad.
How to manually install SSL certificate on my cPanel account?
Click Web Hosting and then Manage for the cPanel account you’re installing the SSL on. Click cPanel Admin. In the Security section, click SSL/TLS. Under Certificates (CRT), click Generate, view, upload, or delete SSL certificates.
Are there any add ons to AutoSSL for cPanel?
One of the most highly requested additions to AutoSSL is support for Let’s Encrypt. We’re also working on adding SNI support to cPanel, WHM, and Webmail. When that’s complete, the free SSLs will allow all cPanel, WHM, and webmail logins to use the domain SSLs, and resolve this feature request.
How to enable cPanel AutoSSL in WHM server?
Enabling is easy! In WHM navigate to the AutoSSL interface, and adjust the selected toggle to cPanel. Then click save. The server will automatically do the following: Add a cronjob ( /etc/cron.d/cpanel_autossl ) to handle the downloading and installation of new SSL certificates for all of your hosted domains.
When does a cPanel issued AutoSSL certificate expire?
A cPanel-issued AutoSSL certificate expires after 90 days. However, AutoSSL attempts to automatically replace that certificate before it expires.