Is IIS 32-bit or 64-bit?
Is IIS 32-bit or 64-bit?
Go to IIS Manager -> Application Pools -> select the app pool you want and -> Advanced Settings. In there there’s a setting called “Enable 32-bit Applications”. If that’s true, that means the worker process is forced to run in 32-bit. If the setting is false, then the app pool is running in 64-bit mode.
How do I enable 64-bit in IIS?
VS2013 and newer
- Go to Tools -> Options on the main menu.
- Then in the Options dialog, expand “Projects and Solutions”
- Now, go to the Web Projects tab.
- Check (or uncheck) the “use the 64 bit version of IIS Express for Web Sites and Projects” checkbox.
- Click OK.
How do I change my IIS to 32-bit?
- Step 1) Open IIS Manager. Click Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Service (IIS) Manager.
- Step 2) Go To Advanced Settings of application Pool. Go to Application Pool control panel, Right click the Application Pool name and select ‘Advanced Settings…’.
- Step 3) Enable 32 Bit Applications.
Is my application 32 or 64-bit?
You can learn whether it is 64-bit or 32-bit by opening its Settings menu and then by going to Help -> About Google Chrome. This opens a new tab where it tells you its version number and whether it is 64-bit or 32-bit. This approach is also used by other apps and you can use it on any Windows version.
Can a 32 bit IIs run on a 64 bit computer?
IIS 6+ enables us to run 32-bit Web applications on 64-bit Windows using the Windows-32-on-Windows-64 (WOW64) compatibility layer. IIS 6.0 using WOW64 is intended to run 32-bit personal productivity applications needed by software developers and administrators, including 32-bit Internet Information Services (IIS) Web applications.
How to enable 32 bit mode in IIS Manager?
To do this open IIS Manager and then choose Application Pool which you expect it to handle x86 and open Advanced Settings. Now find property Enable 32-bit Applications and set to True. Do you have other dll’s that could be accessing the ODBC driver in “Any” instead of 32-bit mode?
Can a 32 bit application run on a 64 bit machine?
Please Sign up or sign in to vote. When you try to access a 32-bit application that is running under IIS on a 64-bit machine you will most probably end up with an error. This is because, by default, IIS launches CGI applications on 64-bit work process if you’re running it under a 64-bit Windows.
Can a 32 bit application run on WoW64?
IIS 6.0 using WOW64 is intended to run 32-bit personal productivity applications needed by software developers and administrators, including 32-bit Internet Information Services (IIS) Web applications. For more info, read MS Technet article regarding this problem.