How do you make a minus sign on a Mac?
How do you make a minus sign on a Mac?
- Go to System Preferences –> Keyboard and (make sure you are on tab ‘keyboard’) check mark option of “Show Keyboard, Emoji, and Symbol viewers in menu bar” this will put an icon on your mac menu bar right side.
- Choose “Math Symbols”. You can insert the minus sign from here as shown below.
How do you make a plus or minus sign?
Type 00b1 or 00B1 (does not matter, uppercase or lowercase) and immediately press Alt+X to insert the plus-minus symbol: ±
How do you type symbols on a Mac?
Enter special characters and symbols
- Click in the text where you want to place the character, then choose Edit > Emoji & Symbols (or press Control-Command-Space bar). The Character Viewer appears where you clicked.
- To locate a character, do any of the following:
- Click a character to insert it in the text.
How do you use Alt codes on a Mac?
To use alt codes on Mac computers, use the Option key instead of the Alt key. Option codes for accented letters, symbols, and special characters work differently on Mac computers, as you press Option, the accent, then the letter. For example, to create an n with a tilde, the alt code is Option+n.
How do I type a minus sign?
Methods that work on any platform
- To insert an en dash (–), click on the first character (the shorter dash).
- To insert an em dash (—), click on the second character (the longer dash).
- To insert a minus sign (−), click on the − between the ± and the × .
What is the Alt key on Mac?
The PC-keyboard equivalent of Alt on a Mac is called the Option key, and you’ll find the Option Key on your Mac if you go two keys to the left of the spacebar. In terms of functionality, the alt key in Windows is often more comparable with the Command key than with the Option key on a Mac.
What is the +- sign called?
± Plus–minus sign
In chemistry, the sign is used to indicate a racemic mixture….Plus–minus sign.
|See also||U+2213 ∓ MINUS-OR-PLUS SIGN (HTML ∓ · &MinusPlus, &mnplus, &mp )|
How do you type a minus sign?
How do I make Symbols with my keyboard?
Press the Numeric Lock (Num Lock) key on the numeric keypad on the right-hand side of the keyboard.
- While holding down the Alt key, type the code for the symbol you want to appear on the numeric keypad.
- Release the Alt key, and the character will appear.
What are the Alt key symbols?
Keyboard Shortcuts – Windows ALT-Codes and Unicode Symbols
|To type this symbol||Press this on your keyboard||Description|
Which is the Alt key on a Mac?
On a Macintosh, the Alt key is called the Option key. It is not used to enter numeric character codes. Instead, keyboard letters and numbers are used. The diagram below shows the special characters a US Mac keyboard will produce when the Option key is pressed.
Which is the plus or minus symbol on a Mac?
Plus or Minus Symbol [±] Quick Guide Symbol Name Plus-Minus Symbol ± Alt Code 0177 Shortcut for Windows Alt+0177 Shortcut for Mac Option + Shift + =
Is there a plus or minus sign on a keyboard?
These characters may also be produced as an underlined or overlined + symbol ( + or + ), but beware of the formatting being stripped at a later date, changing the meaning. Windows: Alt + 241 or Alt + 0177 (numbers typed on the numeric keypad ). Macintosh: ⌥ Option + ⇧ Shift + = (equal sign on the non-numeric keypad).
Where do I find the serial number on my MacBook Air Charger?
You can verify that you’re using the correct version of the Apple USB-C Charge Cable with your Mac notebook and its USB-C AC Adapter. The cable’s serial number is printed on its external housing, next to the words “Designed by Apple in California.
What does the plus minus sign mean in science?
Plus-minus sign. In experimental sciences, the sign commonly indicates the confidence interval or error in a measurement, often the standard deviation or standard error. The sign may also represent an inclusive range of values that a reading might have.