About Physiotherapy and Physiotherapists
Physiotherapy, at times referred to as physical therapy, is an allied health profession that help patients restore, maintain and increase their physical mobility, strength and function, by the use of bio-mechanics or kinesiology, manual therapy, exercise therapy and electrotherapy.
Apart from helping patients, with physical disabilities, regain mobility, physiotherapy also helps in the rehabilitation of those suffering from Parkinson’s, Paralysis, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis and Cerebral Palsy and is capable of healing both chronic and acute problems.
Physiotherapists can help patients recover from injuries and disabilities like back pain, neck pain, knees pain, ligament issues, etc. Physiotherapists are trained autonomous professionals in the emerging field of physical therapy. They assess an individual’s problems and then recommend the best set of physiotherapy exercises for alleviation of pain and discomfort.
Physiotherapists also help in the rehabilitation of patients suffering from Parkinson’s, Paralysis, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy and is a common method of arthritis treatment. Furthermore, physiotherapists can heal both chronic and acute problems by treating patients at home.
Benefits of engaging the services of a Physiotherapist at Home
Physiotherapy has effectively helped patients in restoring their health and enhancing their physical strength, function and mobility at the hospitals and clinics. You can now avail their services a home. Some of the benefits of home physiotherapy sessions include:
- Personalized care
- Faster healing process
- Optimum time management – saves travel time
- Cost effective
- Done under family support and supervision
Physiotherapists can prescribe specialized physiotherapy for the following medical issues:
- Cardiovascular and Respiratory.
Neuromusculoskeletal issues including back pain, knee pain, arthritis, sports injuries and whiplash associated disorder benefits from physiotherapy and in the following aliment:
- Back Pain – A sedentary lifestyle, poor posture, and daily long distance commuting can cause persistent back pain. Relieve from back pain is now possible with physiotherapy at the comfort of your home.
- Paralysis – with regular physiotherapy treatment, muscle tone can be improved making the paralytic patient mobile to a great extent.
- Parkinson’s disease – Parkinsonism presents movement disorder and physiotherapy treatment can help gain more mobility and independence in such patients.
- Post Heart Attack – Physiotherapy, in such cases, helps in decreasing the heart rate and blood pressure at rest and during exercise.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease – Physiotherapy is part of multi-disciplinary rehabilitation program and has been an effective intervention for patients suffering from Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.
- Pediatric Physiotherapy – a child with impairment can achieve their potential, where Physiotherapy plays a key role. It seeks to promote and maintain the child’s physical, psychological and social well being.
- Asthma – Physiotherapy helps train respiratory muscle, which reduces the onset of asthma attacks and at the same time, improves a person’s breathing and physical abilities.
- Respiratory – physiotherapy helps in problems like asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and cystic fibrosis.
- Post Surgical Rehab – If you have just undergone surgery, physiotherapy at home can help you get back to normal faster. Regain your mobility with our expert in-home physiotherapy treatment.
Why Physiotherapy Exercises are recommended by Physiotherapists?
Physiotherapy exercises, when diligently done, have the benefit to help treat and prevent injuries as well as alleviate pain related to some ailments and also help in balancing an emotional mental state, which very important for a holistic treatment.
Preparation for a Home Physiotherapy Session
The following Do’s will help in maximizing the benefits from your home Physiotherapy session:
- Select a good spot in your house which is spacious, well ventilated, well lit and is free from any clutter (to accommodate some small exercise equipments for your session).
- Wear comfortable clothing so that your movements are not impeded.
- Speak to your Physiotherapist and show him exactly the areas of pain in the body and explain as to what level of function you would like to achieve through your sessions.
- Provide your physiotherapist information like origin of the pain; nature of pain and its duration (since when).
- Pay attention to the exercises shown by your physiotherapist, and diligently do them.
You can seek help from Portea
Trained physiotherapists from Portea heal patients in the comfort of their homes. They assess, diagnose, and develop a treatment plan specifically suited to the patient’s needs. Experts from Portea help with basic and advanced movement physiotherapy exercises to improve the patient’s mobility. You can easily find a good solution for physiotherapy at home in Bangalore without having to run here and there.